US LBM HOLDINGS, LLC WEBSITE PRIVACY NOTICE
Last updated and effective as of May 23, 2017
Welcome to the US LBM family of websites (collectively, the “Websites”)! You have landed at this page because you visited one of our Websites and clicked the “Privacy” link. The Websites are owned, directly or indirectly, by US LBM Holdings, LLC. (“US LBM,” “Company,” “we,” or “us”).
We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this privacy notice (the “Privacy Notice”) for the Websites. This Privacy Notice describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the Websites and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information. We have created this Privacy Notice in order to inform you of our firm commitment to safeguarding the privacy and security of information you provide. You can view more information about the application of this Privacy Notice, including a list of all Websites to which this Privacy Notice applies, here.
ACCEPTANCE OF PRIVACY NOTICE
Please read this Privacy Notice carefully before using any of the Websites. We will treat any information we collect from you through any of the Websites in accordance with this Privacy Notice. BY ACCESSING OR USING ANY OF THE WEBSITES, YOU CONSENT TO ALL ACTIONS TAKEN BY US WITH RESPECT TO YOUR INFORMATION IN COMPLIANCE WITH THIS PRIVACY NOTICE. IF YOU ARE UNWILLING TO ACCEPT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE, PLEASE DO NOT USE ANY OF THE WEBSITES.
This Privacy Notice may change from time to time. Your continued use of any of the Websites after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check this Privacy Notice periodically for updates.
1. APPLICATION OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice applies to information collected through any of the Websites, including in e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and any of the Websites (including when you submit forms or documents through the Websites). This Privacy Notice does not apply to information collected through any other website operated by any third party.
This Privacy Notice applies to all of the US LBM family of Websites. See below for a list of the Websites.
Additionally, this Privacy Notice applies to any other internet properties, including social media sites, owned or controlled by US LBM. If you have been directed to this Privacy Notice by clicking a link on a website, you should assume this Privacy Notice applies to such website.
See below for more information about the application of this Privacy Notice.
This Privacy Notice applies to information we collect:
- On the Websites.
- Through our mobile applications.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and the Websites, including any content you may contribute.
- From a third party that collects information on or through a third-party website or service that it then provides to us.
- Some of our Websites provide you with the ability to apply for employment, allowing you to submit Personally Identifiable Information (defined in Section 4 below) via electronic form. In such instances, the applicable application form may have supplemental terms or conditions, including terms regarding how we will handle and disclose information you submit in support of such applications. To the extent this Privacy Notice conflicts with any such supplemental terms or conditions, such supplemental terms or conditions will control. See Section 5 under the heading “Verification Checks” for more information.
2. ELIGIBILITY AND CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
WE DO NOT INTENTIONALLY COLLECT ANY INFORMATION FROM USERS UNDER THE AGE OF 13, AND THE WEBSITES ARE NOT DESIGNED OR INTENDED TO ATTRACT ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 13. If you are under the age of 13, do not use or provide any information or content on the Website or register or attempt to register as a user of the Website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from someone under the age of 13, we will delete that information.
3. USERS OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
Note to Users from Outside the United States:
In the event you visit our Websites from outside the United States, please know that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States, where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, but please be assured that we take steps to ensure that your privacy is protected. By using our services, you understand that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Privacy Notice.
4. TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
As you browse and interact with the Websites, we collect several different types of information about you or your device. Some of the information we collect is about you but does not identify you individually (“Anonymous Information”); while some of the information is information by which you may be personally identified (“Personally Identifiable Information”). We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- automatically as you navigate through the Websites (information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies); and
- when you use the website to interact with third parties See below additional information about our collection of Anonymous Information and Personally Identifiable Information.
ANONYMOUS INFORMATION COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY
As you navigate through and interact with any of our Websites, we automatically collect certain Anonymous Information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including details of your visits to our Websites, including traffic data, location data, and the resources that you access and use on the Websites, information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address (a unique string of numbers that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider), operating system and browser type.
The Anonymous Information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not identify any individual. It helps us to administer and improve our Websites and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns, store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Websites according to your individual interests, speed up your searches and recognize you when you return to our Websites.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Websites may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Websites. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings that are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Section 6.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Websites and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us or our business partners, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e- mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect Personally Identifiable Information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect automatically, or from other sources or that you provide to us.
PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION AND OTHER INFORMATION PROVIDED BY YOU
We collect Personally Identifiable Information directly from you when you provide it to us and from third parties, for example, our business partners and affiliates. Personally Identifiable Information may include, but is not limited to, your name, e-mail address, mailing, shipping, or billing address(es), phone number, credit card number and expiration date. See below for additional information about our collection of Personally Identifiable Information we collect on or through our Websites:
∙E-Mail Correspondence and Form Information. Scattered throughout the Websites are links or forms that can be used to contact us so you can comment, make a complaint, make suggestions and ask questions, register to use our Websites, post material or request further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Websites. This includes information provided at the time of purchasing a product from us, subscribing to our newsletter, contributing to any forum, reviews, or comments, or requesting further information about our products. Your email address is required on these forms so we can answer your questions. We may put information from email on file, and may share or transmit this information with third parties without express authorization from you, in order to provide you with any membership benefits you may receive as a member to one of our Websites. By providing your email address, you are requesting that we communicate with you in that manner. To withdraw your request, or to unsubscribe, please click on the unsubscribe link in an email, or contact us by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting us in writing at the address provided below.
- Transaction Details. Details of transactions you carry out through our Websites and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Websites.
- Survey Responses and Search Queries. Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Newsletters and Other Communications. We offer visitors to the Websites the opportunity to sign up to receive newsletters or other email communications from the Websites, at your own request. In order to sign up for these communications, we ask for contact information, such as name and email address. We also may offer the opportunity for you to receive mailings from our business partners or affiliates that we think may be of interest to you. You can unsubscribe from these communications at any time through the unsubscribe link in each communication, contacting us via email at email@example.com or contacting us in writing at the address provided below. For more information about your opt out options, see “Advertisements and Opting Out” found in Section 6 of this Privacy Notice below.
- Google Analytics. Some of our Websites use Google Analytics to better understand how visitors interact with the Website. This service provides Anonymous Information including but not limited to data on where visitors came from, what actions they took on the Websites, and where visitors went when they left the Websites. We use this information to improve your experience when visiting the Website. To learn more about this service and how to opt out of data collection by Google Analytics, you can reference Google’s online information regarding privacy and Google Analytics. We may also work with other business partners to conduct research surveys in order to improve the user experience on the Websites. We encourage you read the privacy statements of these business partners to learn about their data practices.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. The information practices of these third party sites are governed by their own privacy policies and are not covered by this Privacy Notice. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
USER CONTRIBUTIONS AND SUBMISSIONS
5. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT OR THAT YOU PROVIDE
The information you share with us or that we collect may be used or disclosed in a few ways:
- Anonymous Information: Anonymous Information is used internally for administration, troubleshooting and to help improve the quality of the Websites and their design. We also may share Anonymous Information, such as demographics, without restriction, including with existing and prospective third party business partners, researchers and advertisers.
- Personally Identifiable Information: We may disclose Personally Identifiable Information that we collect or you provide as described in this Privacy Notice. In all cases, however, we will only use or disclose your Personally Identifiable Information as permitted by law and by this Privacy Notice. See below for additional details about the situations in which we might share your Personally Identifiable Information.
Personally Identifiable Information collected by us or provided to us through the Websites may be disclosed and used by us and our subsidiaries and affiliates as follows:
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- for purposes including administration of the Websites;
- to notify you about changes to our Websites or any products or services we offer or provide through them;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Websites, and communications with you;
- to contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of assets of us or our subsidiaries or affiliates, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personally Identifiable Information about our Websites’ users is among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; or
- with your consent.
We may also disclose Personally Identifiable Information if we are required to do so by law or we in good faith believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request; (b) protect and defend our rights and property; (c) protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Websites; or (d) protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public. Please note that we may not provide you with notice prior to disclosure in such cases.
We may use the information we have collected from you to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your Personally Identifiable Information for these purposes without your consent, an advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement.
- Verification Checks (Employment and/or Credit). With respect to Websites that provide you with the opportunity to apply for employment or credit, or the ability to purchase goods and services, we may utilize third-parties to check and verify your background or credit as is customary in such industry. By submitting any application materials via the Websites, you hereby expressly authorize us to perform such verifications in accordance with applicable law. When you create or post a resume, we utilize a third party, ClearCompany, to process such resume. Such processing may be subject to additional terms or conditions as set forth by ClearCompany. You can read more about ClearCompany’s solutions here.
Some of the information we collect may be financial information that we may use to determine whether to grant you credit at one of our stores. In particular, we may use information you provide to us to assess credit risks relating to our business, including to evaluate and process your application for credit at our stores and to manage your existing account. We may also collect your Personal Identifiable Information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies in order to process your application. Additional terms or conditions may apply.
6. ADVERTISEMENTS AND OPTING OUT
We support the right of our visitors to choose. We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personally Identifiable Information you provide to us. See below on how to control your options.
- Account Preferences. Some of our Websites provide the option to register and create user accounts. User accounts for such Websites include the ability to set certain preferences with respect to your privacy, including the ability to opt-out of certain communications. Each Website’s user interface might be slightly different, but you should look for the “Account Settings” or “Preferences” link on the user dashboard after logging in. There you will find additional information about managing your preferences.
7. ACCESS AND CORRECTION
You have a right to know about the Personally Identifiable Information that we hold about you and gathered through the Websites, including the right to correct, amend or delete the information that we have on file if it is incorrect. If you wish to exercise these rights please contact us by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting us in writing at the address provided below.
The Websites incorporate safeguards intended to mitigate risk and help protect the security, integrity and privacy of the Personally Identifiable Information we have collected. See below for additional information regarding such safeguards.
We have put in place reasonable precautions to protect information from loss, misuse and alteration, including Secure Socket Layer (SSL) or Transport Layer Security (TLS) technology. While on a secure page, the lock icon on the bottom of Web browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox becomes locked, as opposed to unlocked, or open, when you are just “surfing.”
For the Websites that provide you with the ability to register an account (see the heading “Account Preferences” under Section 6 above) and where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Websites like message boards, forums or classifieds. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Websites.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to any of our Websites. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on any of our Websites.
While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personally Identifiable Information you transmit to us or through any of our Websites. Once we receive your transmission, we will use reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our internal systems. Depending on the nature of the inquiry, your communication may be discarded or archived. Please note that your email, like most, if not all, non-encrypted Internet communications, may be accessed and viewed by other Internet users, without your knowledge and permission, while in transit to us. For that reason, to protect your privacy, please do not use email to communicate information to us that you consider sensitive or confidential. If you wish, you may contact us instead via telephone at the numbers provided throughout our Websites or at the address below.
9. MOBILE APPLICATIONS
10. EXTERNAL LINKS
The Websites may provide links to various websites that we do not control. When you click on one of these links, you will be transferred out of our Websites and connected to the website of the organization that you selected. You should familiarize yourself with any terms and policies of such third party website before utilizing such website. See below for more information about external links.
We are not responsible for the nature, quality or accuracy of the content or opinions expressed on third party websites, and such websites are not investigated, monitored or checked for quality, accuracy or completeness by us.
Inclusion of any linked website or services on our Websites does not imply or express an approval or endorsement of the linked website or services by us, or of any of the content, opinions, products or services provided on such websites. Even if an affiliation exists between our Websites and a third-party website or service, we exercise no control over linked sites or services.
11. SOCIAL MEDIA
- Social Media Widgets. Our Websites and Mobile Apps include social media features, such as the Facebook Like button, Google Plus, Pinterest, and Twitter widgets. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you’re visiting on our Websites, and they may set cookies or employ other tracking technologies. Social media features and widgets are hosted either by a third party or directly on our Websites. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
- Social Media Ads. Our Websites may display targeted ads to you through social media platforms. These ads are sent to groups of people who share traits such as likely commercial interests and demographics. For example, the ads may target guests who have expressed an interest in shopping for groceries, cosmetics, clothing, etc. We do not share any of your Personally Identifiable Information, including your shopping history, with social media platforms. See the policies of each social media platform for additional information about these types of ads.
12. CONSENT TO PRIVACY NOTICE
Our Websites are controlled, operated and administered entirely within the United States. By using our Websites, you signify your agreement to the terms of this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree with this Privacy Notice, please do not disclose any personally identifiable information through any of the Websites.
This Privacy Notice and the notices outlined herein are not intended to and do not create any contractual or other legal rights in or on behalf of any third party.
13. SPECIAL NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Under California Civil Code § 1798.83, residents of the State of California that have provided any Personally Identifiable Information to us have the right to request a list of all third parties to which we have disclosed Personally Identifiable Information during the preceding year for direct marketing purposes.
options. We qualify for the alternative option and have established this Privacy Notice that provides you with details on how you may either opt out or opt-in to the use of your Personally Identifiable Information by third parties for direct marketing purposes.
If you are a resident of the State of California you may request, once per calendar year, information about how to exercise your third party disclosure choices, by sending a request to email@example.com with a preference on how our response to your request should be sent.
Additionally, the California Online Privacy Protection Act requires us to disclose how we respond to “do-not- track” requests from our users. At this time, we do not currently respond to “do-not-track” requests from our users’ browsers.
14. MODIFICATIONS TO PRIVACY NOTICE
We may modify this Privacy Notice at any time, at our discretion, and modifications are effective upon being posted at this URL.
It is our policy to post any changes we make to our Privacy Notice on this page. The date on which this Privacy Notice was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to- date active and deliverable e-mail address for you, and for periodically visiting our Websites and this Privacy Notice to check for any changes.
If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ Personally Identifiable Information or make other material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will notify you through a notice at this URL or by other reasonable means.
15. ACCOUNT REVISIONS, REVOKING AND DELETING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We welcome your questions and comments pertaining to your privacy and this Privacy Notice or any other issue with regard to the Websites. Any questions can be directed to us by email, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting us in writing at the address provided below:
US LBM Holdings, LLC
1000 Corporate Grove Drive
Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
At any time, you may ask us to cease any further use of your email address and direct us to delete any Personally Identifiable Information. It is not always possible to remove or modify such information, but we will make reasonable efforts to do so where practical. We cannot delete your Personally Identifiable Information except by deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. Please note that we may not be able to delete or change the information you have given us to the extent it is contained on back- up media or is in the possession of a third party to which it has been provided.